Jan 13, 2017

A Cold Winter Day of Play

When I was little, the only time I wanted to get out of the house in the winter was if there was about a foot or so of snow on the ground.  Otherwise, I was inside playing on my Commodore 64 or too busy turning my room into a Cabbage Patch Kids Day Care.  Liam is the complete opposite.  He will bug me and bug me about going outside to play with his toys until I finally give in.  Kids don't care if it's -20 degrees and covered in ice or if the wind is so cold it cuts you in two, they want to do what they want to do and when they want to do it.  Of course, it wasn't that bad the day he took his jumbo hopper outside - just a little chilly.  We have been having up and down weather here in So. Indiana.  One day it can be 12 degrees and the very next day we can have rain and 60 degree weather.  Sometimes we don't know how to dress, so I've learn to keep all of my seasonal clothing at arm's reach.  Liam had so much fun.  He was beyond happy and very proud of himself at the same time.  Those hoppers do take a little time to get used to if you're not familiar with them.

A few days before this, we took the boys out to shop with our gift cards and cash we had received from Christmas.  Liam got toys instead of cards or cash, but the rest of us were on a mission to find something to buy.  I went to Kohl's and looked around for new bedding.  We couldn't find anything that we really liked or willing to pay top dollar for.  I decided to use my gift card on Landon.  He desperately needed new shoes and I caught a sale.  So, that's where mine went.  Landon was supposed to bring his money, but we found out later that he accidentally left it at home.  Well, because we were out shopping, Liam got it in his head that he wanted to buy something too.  Aaron took him out later to buy him a new snake toy and a jumbo hopper he found.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!