Oct 18, 2016

The Skate Park: It's Not Just For Kids

When I hear "skate park" I think of skate boarders going up and down ramps and doing tricks on rails.  Well, it's not just a skate park anymore.  Bikers are now challenging themselves to go up and down ramps, hoping not to flip or "burn out".   Aaron and I took the boys to a nearby skate park for a little fun.  We all can use some change from time to time.  Aaron and Landon rode their bikes to the park, while Liam and I kicked back on four wheels (the car) instead.

Landon took off around the park gaining speed and trying to get his bike up the various ramps.  It's not as easy as it looks, let me tell ya.  Some of the ramps are very steep, and unless you are Tony Hawk, you may not be very successful.  I don't know how many kids got to the middle and slid backwards down the ramps.  I was on edge the entire time.  I had this plan in the back of my mind of how fast I could get Landon to the hospital had something gone wrong.  But, I gotta' let him learn and have fun.  If that means having to wear a cool cast, then so be it.  After all, it's just riding a bike, not street racing at 100+ miles per hour in the heart of the city.  Speaking of bikes, we have to get Landon a new bike.  The one he is riding is too small for him now.  My little boy is now a tall, lean biking machine.  I just can't keep up with these hundreds of growth spurts.  He's taller than me now!

This part had me chuckling.  Aaron got on Landon's bike and pretended to be Tony Hawk.  I had never laughed so hard in my entire life!  By the time he was finished showing off for us he was drenched in sweat.  But, I will say this, for a 44-year-old man, he wasn't half bad.  He did better than I would have, that's for sure.  I'm just happy that the boys could bond for awhile before heading back to school and work the next day.  Liam just slid down the ramps.  He was happy, but boy was he dirty!















All the guys were impressed how Landon could jump the ramp and slide on the top.  It was cool.







Brother had to go first, of course.










This is what happens when you have boys.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!