Oct 5, 2016

Homemade House and Its Protectors

It's always fun when mom orders things online.  You can bet that Liam is going to beg me to play with the box.  It's not about what's inside, oh no.  It's about taking everything out so he can use it.  To heck with the goodies!  That's my favorite part...but, I'm not seven, so...

The first Amazon box house that I built lasted longer than I thought it would.  Eventually we had to throw it out because it was getting squished to the point where it wasn't really looking like a house anymore.  Aaron did this one.  We found some sturdy tape lying around the house and used box cutters to cut out the doors and windows.  Boy was Liam happy!

One day recently Liam got the bright idea to take his house out in our driveway.  Nothing else, just the house.  I asked, "What do you plan to do with your house now that you're out here?"  He replied, "I don't know.", as if he really hadn't thought it through.  I said, "Well, if you're going to play with the house outside, we should at least bring some things outside to put in it."  You could tell Liam's wheels were turning and then he went inside.  He came out with a tub of action figures and just stood there.  Again, wheels turning.  I said, "You can pretend the action figures are having a party. That will be fun."  He looked at me in confusion (because you know action figures don't party, they fight the bad guys...duh!) and decided to have them watch over his new house instead.  So, off to work these little dudes went.  Liam even made them nap after a few minutes because, according to Liam, they needed to rest after working so hard to protect his house.  From what?  I have no idea.  I just went with it.













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!