Oct 11, 2016

Harvest Homecoming

You know, I am such a terrible mom.  In all the years I could have taken my kids to this event, I just didn't.  Never even mentioned it.  This year, I said let's do it.  Heck, I don't think I've been in about 20+ years.  Not sure about Aaron.  We were lucky.  The day we went was the last day and they closed at 5 pm.  We got there at 4 pm.  Phew!  Talk about cutting it close!

When we started to walk down the street, I noticed that Liam was getting awfully clingy and cuddly.  I knew that he just woke up from a nap in the car, but he usually pops right up and his usual talkative, spunky self.  Something seemed off.  He wanted to be carried the entire visit.  That's not our typical Liam.  Then, I heard it.  "My head hurts."  This instantly took me back to our trip back home from Cincinnati and how sick he got from the pain.  I knew this wasn't going to go well.  We went down to the rides after walking around looking at the booths, thinking this would perk him up, but nothing was working.  Aaron took him up the hill and sat on a bench that faced the amphitheater to let him rest, while Landon and I did our thing.  The place was getting ready to shut down so we all met up and walked back to the car.  I felt so bad for the little guy.  I thought resting and being still would help calm his headache, but five minutes in the car and it was puke city.  All over the backseat.  The smell was awful.  We all had to roll down our windows to get some fresh air flowing.  We got Liam home and put him in bed.  He woke up like nothing ever happened - transforming back to our usual Liam.  Poor thing.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!