Oct 30, 2016

From Tween To Teen

No way did I just type the word "teen"!  A teeeeeeeenager!  Gah!  Time has flown over the years.  It really does go quickly.  I'm afraid to blink at this stage in Landon's life because he will be moved out and off to college.  Noooooooooo!

Landon has grown into a nice young man.  He is everything I had hoped he would be and much much more.  One thing I have noticed (and thank you, sweet baby Jesus, for prepping me slowly through the tween years) is the personality change.  The teen 'tude shows its ugly face here and there and he is more to himself, enjoying his alone time.  So much, in fact, that he will ask if he can stay home while we run to the store or some place close.  He loves video games and watching his favorite expert gamers on YouTube.  He sleeps more.  He loves music.  He paces the floor when he is thinking and blocks everyone and everything out when he is in deep thought.  His voice is changing.  He hit puberty before his dad did.  He grows out of his new clothes within a month.  He wears a size 13 shoe in men's and is taller than I am now.  He is doing very well in school and focused on his studies.  He keeps his friend circle small, but likes and gets along with everyone.  He enjoys talking about politics.  Speaking of talking, he talks a lot...like a lot.  Usually about random things, and he blurts out thoughts like word vomit.  His stories are a week long, but we still listen.  He's very particular about his hair and despises hair product.  Girl crushes are still not a thing.  He continues to be loving and affectionate.  I especially love it when he makes sure to hug me every night before bed and tells me that he loves me.

Having a younger brother with special needs has taught him a great deal and made him a better person because of it.  He has learned patience.  He has learned that not everyone is the same and to accept people and treat everyone with respect, regardless of who they are.  Don't get me wrong, the boys fight.  Boy do they fight!  He has learned to love unconditionally and be a protector.  I could go on and on about how great of a kid he has become or who he is, but I'll leave it here.  Let me just say that I forgot that Landon was 12 when I was taking these pictures.  Everyone I've talked to thinks he's older.  Must be the hair or the height.  He's growing too fast!!










And then Liam had to get in on the action, too! "Mom, take pictures of me."









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!