Aug 5, 2016

Yew Dell Botanical Gardens

I had been hearing great things about this place for a long time.  I wanted to try it out, but fate stepped in and had to be put on hold for a bit.  Plus, I had to find the time and energy, too.  I had taken the kids to a few different places recently and decided that it was time to visit Yew Dell.  I waited patiently for the kids to come home from school.  They walked in the door, and just like and other day, their shoes and clothes started to come off.  I quickly stopped them and told them that there was a new place I wanted to see.  The excitement didn't hit at first, especially when we got stuck in traffic and took us about an hour to get to our destination.  This doesn't make any kid happy.  Well, they slept so I got lucky.  When we got there, the lady gave us some dry erase picture sheets and markers for the kids' scavenger hunt.  They had to find the items on the sheet and then check them off once found.  She must have known my boys pretty well because they wouldn't have lasted five minutes in the place without something to do.  I'm so grateful they had those available!  The boys had a blast, as did I.  The place is gorgeous and every photographer's dream!  I can't wait to go back!


And they're off!


I loved all the old stuff.



I loved this spot, too!  If you got tired from walking around, you could kick up your feet and relax here.






"I found one, mom!"













































My little tour guide.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!