Aug 12, 2016

Locust Grove

We had our family pictures taken here a long time ago, but we were never really able to enjoy the place by taking the time to tour the historic buildings.  I took the kids this time.  The three of us had a great time viewing the inside of the buildings and admiring its overall beauty.  The boys found a hill to run up and down.  I just sat by a shade tree and waited for them to finish up.  Landon was out of breath by the time he got to the top of the hill on the other side.  He looked like he was minutes from death.   Liam asked me to go.  Right, okay, not.  I would have died.  The heat alone would have killed me.    I am not twelve.  I don't have the energy, nor am I as athletic or share the same endurance as said twelve year old, or six year old for that matter.  All I could do was chuckle when Liam asked me to join.  By the time they wrapped up burning off their energy, they were soaked in sweat.  I knew it was time to head out and cool off.













Ha ha!  I little crooked, but who really cares, right?  I'll blame it on heat exhaustion.



































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!