Aug 31, 2016

Henryville Forestry

Gosh, I haven't been to this place since my niece got married.  It's very scenic and gorgeous!  The forestry roads go on for days and pretty fun to drive.  Liam really liked that part.  He would hold up his hands as if we were riding a roller coaster as we drove down the steep, windy hills.  The fire tower is always a fun thing to visit while you're there.  It's been around for ages, and I noticed that they did some work on it.  I remember the fire tower being rusty and rickety in my early twenties.  I'm so glad they kept it and made it safer for visitors.  Being afraid of heights, taking a trip to this thing probably wasn't the best plan for me.  I knew the kids would really enjoy climbing to the top, so I figured it wouldn't be a total waste.  I was proud of myself for making as far as two flights down from the top deck.  The tower is pretty high up and scary as hell.

When we arrived, there were a few teenagers who hopped out of a truck and raced to the tower.  They immediately started cussing, spitting, climbing the side of the tower instead of the steps provided, and talking about "the panty tree" in front of my 12-year-old.  I wasn't pleased with their behavior at all.  My kids were hearing the things they were saying and watching them act like fools.  Why do teens have to act that way?  Didn't they know that we were there visiting, too?  Couldn't they see that I had young, impressionable kids standing next to me?  Even though we were there first, they jumped ahead of us and took off up the tower.  I decided to climb with the boys anyway, but I suddenly felt the tower shaking.  The teens thought it would be funny to shake the tower from the top deck while we were on it.  For someone who is scared of heights and had young children in tow, I wasn't happy at all.  I nervously told the kids to get down.  Then one of the kids giggled and yelled out, "Get your phone ready to call 911 in case he falls."  I was doing no such thing.  I was furious at this point, so I was half tempted to just leave if something did happen.  Not my problem, I thought.  I made a few choice comments to the teens as they were leaving.  They were punks, period.  Their mothers would have been proud, let me tell ya.  They probably didn't know where they were, to be honest!  Once they left, I talked with Landon about their behavior and how not to act.  I told him how many bad choices they made in such a short amount of time, and lucky for me, he agreed.  "Mom, I won't act like that, don't worry."  Only time will tell, but at least it made me feel a ton better at that moment.  Why do people have to ruin it for others?  So frustrating!  I think in one of the pictures you can see a couple of the boys climbing the side of the tower.  They were so immature and obnoxious.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!