Jun 4, 2016

The More You Know, The More You Grow!

For the first day off for summer break, I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the library.  Landon looked at me and said, "Moooommmmm, um, we just got out of school.  A library?  Really?"  I guess that didn't work.  Liam, however, was thrilled to get to go some place fun and new.  Now that he is a brand new reader, books seem to be something he enjoys.  Once we got there he found a friend, then a train table, then Legos, then puppets, pretend play costumes, and a teeny tiny shopping cart.  Talk about distractions.  I didn't think I was ever going to get him calm enough to find some books he liked.  We found a few to start with then headed to the desk to check them out.  A girl in front of us was checking out DVDs, so naturally, Liam wanted some movies too.  He is so funny and sometimes unpredictable.  We will be making several trips over the summer because I think it will be good for them, especially Liam starting out as a new reader.  He blurted out in the car on our way home, "The more you know, the more you grow."  He must've heard that from his teacher or possibly a TV show.  Cute.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!