Jun 3, 2016

New Discoveries: Part Two

Landon wanted to go back to the new park to play in the water.  I knew Liam wasn't going to complain.  He had a blast the first time.  The boys played at the splash pad for awhile until Liam decided he wanted to spend a few minutes at the play park.  I saw a friend of mine and chatted for a little bit.  While I was talking, this guy approaches me in a very aggressive manner, completely out of the blue, and tells me that Liam hit his little boy.  The dad was cussing, raising his voice, and making quite a spectacle of himself.  I couldn't get a word in, so I couldn't find the time to apologize, have Liam apologize to the boy, or even check on his child to see if he was okay.  His wife swooped their kid up and headed for the parking lot, where the dad watched me intently.  You would think that if the kid was hurt, he wouldn't be hanging out in the parking lot stalking me for 15-20 minutes.  So, I can only assume the little boy was okay.  I had a conversation with Liam and tried to get to the bottom of what happened (since the guy obviously was too busy yelling and using profanity wasn't going to tell me).  Liam said the kid was being mean to him.  I had to tell Liam, again, that just because someone is mean doesn't give you the right to put your hands or feet on them.  I knew being at a public park, and having a bunch of kids around, things are going to happen.  No matter what you teach your child, things will happen.  There was no need for his reaction and causing a scene.  Although, I did understand his frustration.  My friend was appalled.  She couldn't believe what was happening.  He threatened to call CPS and the cops on me.  Why?  I have no idea.  Did I beat or drop kick my child?  No.  You'd think this was the first time that his kid had been exposed to a public place.  He was definitely being over dramatic and could have handled it so much better than he did.  In fact, I don't mind being approached nicely if my kid is being a butthead.  I appreciate the extra set off eyeballs and having it brought to my attention if I accidentally miss something.  We're human.  Gotta' love having boys or an autistic child out in public.  The things I have to deal with, ugh.  We left shortly after that.  A little nervous to do so, thinking this guy was going to follow me home, but everything turned out okay.  Phew!



The guy in the white shirt on the left is the jerk.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!