May 28, 2016

New Discoveries

I had been hearing a lot of things about this new local park that opened to the public.  A few of my mommy friends had been there several times and couldn't stop talking about it.  Well, today I thought it might be a place we could visit being the first day off of school for Memorial Day weekend.  The weather was perfect for our little adventure.  A little windy, but perfect.

Since it was new and a place we had never been to before, the kids and I didn't know what to expect.  As soon as we pulled up Liam began to squeal with excitement.  He said, "I'm so excited, mom!  I'm so excited!"  When he got out of the car, he began jumping up and down.  Good call, mom!  It's not huge or have much of a variety of things for the kids to do, but it was just enough to keep the kids entertained.  We walked up and saw that there were kids running through the water.  The first thing I said is, "No, you guys aren't getting in the water."  Yeah, right!  After Liam was finished playing at the play park, he asked if he could take his shirt and shoes off and get in the water.  He was so sweet about it, so I caved.  I told him to go get Landon and tell him what was going on.  Landon didn't want to get wet.  He went back over to the play area for a bit and chilled there while Liam did his thing.  Liam was all smiles and so happy.

Now we're going to have to go with daddy!  Maybe this weekend sometime, if the weather cooperates.  Happy Memorial Day!

P.S. Please excuse Landon's "Tim Burton" hair.  He had it brushed back when we arrived, but between the wind and him running his fingers through it, his hair became quite a mess and maybe a little scary looking too!



























Somebody had the right idea!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!