Aug 12, 2014

Liam's Pre 5th Birthday Celebration

We decided against a birthday party this year because of some issues we've had, but it worked out great.  We saved money and Liam still had fun!!  Score!

It's obvious that Liam has a lot of energy.  Well, both of our boys do.  We tried to think of something that they could both enjoy that was fun yet age appropriate.  I heard of this place years ago, plus I saw an episode on "Undercover Boss" for the company Sky Zone.  I thought one day I will get a chance to go there.  More like an excuse than a chance.  I really liked the owner and I thought it was set up nice for families.  Well, here I was years later jotting it down in my mind as a place to visit for Liam's 5th birthday.  I thought it would be interesting to see how he would react to all the fun activities they had to offer.  He had fun.  Okay, maybe a little too much fun.  There was a time in the Foam Pit where he didn't want to get out of the pit.  That was funny and maybe a little embarrassing.  We had to fish him out toward the end.  Having an hour and a half worth of jumping and running, he was bound to get to the typical "Liam Stage", as I like to call it.  He was exhausted.  Landon was, too.  I could tell from there behavior/demeanor that they were about to crash.  Landon had fun hanging with the adults and teenagers while playing dodge ball.  Man, that alone made me want to purchase a ticket and socks for myself so I could get in on the action.  That looked like SO much fun!  Rough, but fun.

I asked Landon if he wanted to go back for his birthday in October.  He looked at me (I know that look) and he shook his head no.  I asked why, thinking it might be for another reason, and he said it was kind of boring - not a lot of stuff to do and the kids were getting rough.  I can see that.  And, I agreed with there's only so much to do.  Basically, you're just hopping from this station to that station and there weren't that many.  Aaron wasn't that impressed either.  At first it's great, but then boredom quickly sets in for everyone.  It was fun once, but I think that's all we needed.  Eh, we tried.  I guess I'm going to have to brainstorm for Landon's birthday outing.

First, we had Liam open his gifts and then gave him some time to play before we had to leave.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



I got the LeapPad 2 at a huge bargain.  Normally they are about $90.  I got half off online.  I couldn't believe it!  We were going to go with the Nabi, which was over $100, but for half off I couldn't pass it up!



Liam LOVES trains!




And, of course, the men of the house played around with the phone before heading out.  *sigh*  Boys.







Then off we went to Sky Zone!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!