Jul 9, 2014

Family Vacation #2: Downtown Memphis and Beale Street

Beale Street is awesome, but it's even more awesome when you can walk around with alcohol in your hand.  Ha ha!  There were blues bands all around and good eats at every turn.  I was having so much fun with the family that I didn't want to leave.  We actually visited Beale Street twice.  The first time, we went to a place called Blues City Cafe on the corner that had the best food.  Their ribeyes were to die for!  Their specialty beer wasn't too shabby either.  I think it was called Ghost River.  The second time we went, we enjoyed more of the scenery and music.  We were already downtown playing at a play park down by the Mississippi River with the kids (which was even more amazing, by the way), so we thought another trip to Beale wouldn't hurt.  If you're in the market for southern charm, good food, fantastic music, or just something different, this place is phenomenal. VERY clean city, too!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug












Cell phone pictures.



  Beale Street in the evening.  I love how my phone captured it.






Aaron chewing on a ribeye bone.  "I will call him Peyton, and he shall be mine."


These were taken with my camera.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
More cell phone pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!