Jun 1, 2014

It's Been a Splashin', Cleaning, Hanging Out With Friends, Getting Dirty Kinda' Week

Liam has been more than content playing with his water table.  He's simple and I like it.  I was in the attic searching for some stuff when I came across this thing.  A light bulb went off.  I knew that I needed to get it down for him now that it's finally consistently warm outside.  Since it was scorching hot in the attic I didn't bother with trying to find the accessories to go with it (which wasn't much anyway).  He's pretty happy just playing with bath toys or cars.  Fine by me!  This was, by far, the best investment for Liam.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug






Every time we go to the ballpark I find Liam fascinated with the rocks that accumulate around the dug outs.  I was a little tired of undressing him at the end of the day to find rocks stuck between his butt cheeks.  I thought it might be better for him (and me) if we just went to a nearby play park, where there are tons of bigger pebbles for him to play with.  Burning some energy off before bed doesn't hurt either.  I sit over to the side and watch him play.  It's wonderful.  It's not nearly perfected, though.  He gets dirty late in the day then I have to disturb the Sleeping Beast by giving him a bath.  Liam 1, mom 0.













Landon's buddies came over to play for a short time before we roasted marshmallows.  I love how sweet they are with Liam, and how much they include him in their activities.  They are such good boys, and so polite!  Those are the kind of friends Landon needs, which I am truly grateful for.  We have a great mix of kiddos in our neighborhood, which makes this mama breathe a little easier.











Every now and again I will get a wild hair and want to go through the kids' closet.  It never stays organized or at least somewhat clean and neat, which is why I don't do it too often.  If the boys get into the closet it's a complete nightmare.  All the toys come out and sit on their floor for days.  One day I went in their room to put away laundry and got a big shock.  It was the worst I had ever seen it.  I told the boys to get busy and make piles of things that go together.  Even they didn't know where to begin.  The mess was a little bit of a blessing, too.  I was able to go through some of their toys and clothes to get yard sale stuff together.  Of course, the boys wanted to play instead of clean.  I didn't blame them.













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!