Apr 14, 2014

Indiana Caverns 2014

This place is fairly new.  I was looking for something a little more adventurous than our usual activities, but something both kids, being almost six years apart, would be interested in.  I did some research online; the typical money vs. distance, fun frugal parent thing that we parents do.  I found this and it didn't disappoint.  Surprisingly, Landon and Liam both enjoyed it.  We walked a path on the surface learning about the different things that had been discovered below before the cave tour began.  With any cave tour comes shallow ceilings, an abundance of steps, tight spaces, and so on.  I wasn't sure what to expect at first.  I think it's the unknown that excites us so much.  The tour was very educational for all of us, too.  I remember going to a cave with my sister when I was a little older than Landon is now.  It was quite the experience.  We signed up for a walk-through tour, but somehow ended up in a room filled with high-tech "cave diving" gear.  The next thing I hear is, "Okay, folks, it's time to suit up!", and then I stopped, looked at my sister and told her that we must be in the wrong place.  There was a small part of me that was stoked and another part of me was completely terrified.  Needless to say, we moved to the next room where our tour was about to begin.  Phew, that was close!  I wanted to have that same experience with my two kiddos, minus the "wrong tour" mishap.  I must say, I forgot how beautiful caves are.  There is so much history still to be discovered.  Oh, and I almost forgot to mention this little tid bit of information, but this particular cave tour had an underground boat ride.  Liam LOVED that part.  Very cool!

Waiting for our tour.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



















Where the Paleontologists are working.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!