Jan 25, 2014

The Calm Before the Storm

I don't know how I have survived almost 37 years in this part of the US.  Really, I don't.  Aaron and I are beyond ready to pack up everything and head to a warmer location.  It sounds good, no doubt.  Little or no sickness or drastic changes in weather at a moment's notice.  I can dream, right?

This day was in the high 50's -- a real heat wave for this time of year.  Wouldn't you know that the next few days were in the single digits with a wind chill of around -20 along with a few inches of snow and ice?  It almost didn't seem fair for Mother Nature to tease us with such nice weather only to be smacked in the face the very next day.  Poor kids.  They never knew what hit 'em.  One good thing about severe weather here is they call off school.  The kids were definitely happy to be home, but I think they were missing school a little bit too.  I know I was.  Okay, maybe just a little bit.  Regardless how us parents feel about having the kids home so much for winter snow and ice storms, it's all about the safety of our kiddos.

You could tell it was nice outside.  Neighborhood kids were showing their sweet faces around every corner.  When it's super cold outside, everyone hibernates.  No one leaves the house, plays, walks, jogs, and so on.  It made me sad when Toby said, "I haven't been over to play in awhile."  That's right kid, winter stinks.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




The older kids included Liam by pushing him back and forth up and down the driveway. Liam LOVED it!




Landon pretended the basketball goal was a girl and danced with it.  I caught him in action, but the basketball goal came back and smacked him in the head.  We all had a good laugh.









Having a "talk".






Landon is so sweet with his brother, when they're not fighting like cats and dogs.




Not the greatest photo of all the boys, but I liked it.


 

The story behind the pose is Liam was blocking the sidewalk so the big boys couldn't ride their bikes.  He wanted them to stay and play.



The big boys won the battle and Liam's attitude was "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".  Cute.


There's always a little time for lovin'.




Inspection.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!