Jan 20, 2014

Newport Aquarium

It was great going back to the Newport Aquarium again.  We had taken Landon a couple times when he was younger and before his kid brother was born.  We lived about 15 minutes away when Landon was a baby, but it was after we moved back home to be closer to the familiar is when we made the trip back to that area.  We even showed Landon where he lived when he was born - once the first time and then again this time since he didn't remember the time before.  He found it to be very interesting.  He kept asking if he could go inside to see what the apartment looked liked.  We wanted Liam to have the same experience as his big brother.  He had a terrific time looking at all the fish.  He even enjoyed petting a few sharks and other sea creatures. 

When we decided that we were going to take the boys, and make reservations in advance, the Newport Aquarium was having a deal for families.  For every adult ticket purchased the kids got in free.  We knew that going to the aquarium on a weekend day was going to be busy, but we weren't expecting that big of a crowd, forgetting about the deal that everyone and their brother were taking advantage of at that time.  They were so busy they had a coat check and a stroller holding area.  We were crammed in like sardines, which explained why we couldn't take our strollers through the exhibits. 

The weekend before I wasn't feeling very well.  I had to go to the doctor to find out why I was having heart palpitations, chills, nausea, and feeling like I was going to pass out.  I didn't sleep well at that time either.  I found out (after the NA reservations had been made, of course) that my blood count was so low the doctor suggested I get a blood transfusion, which made perfect sense as to why I was feeling so bad.  But she decided to put me on iron pills for the time being instead.  So far, so good.  I have another doctor to see to try to get me fixed up, so it's going to take a little bit of time and patience before I am truly up to par.  I was so scared I was going to have to cancel our trip and disappoint my family.  The kids were so excited, as were we, and I knew they would be devastated if we couldn't go.  I was feeling much better than the train wreck that I was before and thought I felt well enough to take a chance.  Despite the insane volume and my little hiccup, we had a wonderful time.  I'm so glad we went!


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug






























The penguin was playing with Landon.  Very cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!