Oct 16, 2013

Pumpkin Picking at Huber's Orchard

We set out with one objective in mind - picking a pumpkin for everyone (mainly the kids).  We found, not just one, but three.  One being as big as Cinderella's pumpkin coach.  But we didn't know that we would be sharing a tractor ride or the pumpkin patch with all of Indiana, and maybe even part of Kentucky.  We went on a Friday afternoon thinking that people would be working making it less crowded for those attending.  Boy, were we wrong.  I guess the government shutdown and the kids' Fall Break (teachers and other school staff, etc.) had something to do with it.  We wanted to grab a quick bite, but 'quick' wasn't quite working as well as I had hoped.  I think I waited about 40 minutes in a long line for a basket of fries and a couple drinks.  Aaron and I may try to take the kiddos to a couple different places going forward so we don't have to deal with this local chaos.

Anyway, enough about that.

Landon and Liam searched and searched for their perfect pumpkins.  Liam found a smaller one which was perfect for his size.  Watching him try to pack it around, though, was pretty hysterical.  It wasn't that small.  I swear, he thinks he's an all mighty giant.  He had to take a picture with it, too.  Landon had his own mission.  He wanted to find the perfectly Minion-shaped pumpkin to paint.  He jumped, walked, crawled, and rolled just to get the one he wanted.  I'd say that was some serious dedication, and worth every penny. So was the big one we picked.  Both boys love our big pumpkin.  We ended up carving that one since it was the biggest of the bunch.

Overall, it was a great day.  Aaron and I had a much needed adult beverage, the kids got the pumpkins they wanted (plus one), they played at the park (which was great for wearing my little puppies out), and we were able to spend some quality time together as a family.  We had amazing weather, too!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug







Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



1 comment:

  1. There is almost nothing I love more in the fall than going Pumpkin' picking!! And these photos are perfect!! I especially love the shots of the boys out in the fields!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!