Oct 8, 2013

A Boy And His Worms

Boy are gross.  There's no denying that.  Over the weekend I noticed that I hadn't seen Landon in awhile.  At first I thought he was down the street playing with his friends, but then I noticed his bike was in the garage.  The car was blocking my view from the street so something told me to walk out to the driveway, and there he was.  He was sitting quietly at the end of the drive playing in the water after our big rainfall.  I also noticed an empty bottle of my Green Tea sitting next him.  A little curious I walked up to him to ask what he was doing.  He told me he was catching worms.  Sure enough, there were worms swimming in our big puddle of water.  I asked him what the bottle was for and he told me that he was saving them.  "As in collecting?", I asked.  He said to me, "No, I'm saving their lives."  The only thing I could think of at that moment was he was worried our car tires would squish them as we pulled out.  Sweet kid.  Always thinking of the next guy, even if it is just a slimy little worm.  These worms were long and thin - unlike the ones we see deep in the ground.  I'm still trying to figure out what kind they are.  He pulled all of them out of the water, put them in his bottle, and then headed inside.  We still have that bottle sitting in our garage.  The chance that those worms are still living is pretty slim, but I guess it's the thought that counts.

Oh, and I must add this little bit of info.  I asked Landon why he was wet.  He said that a car came by and drove through the puddle while he was sitting there.  Who does that?!  There was plenty of room on the street for the car to drive on without hitting the water.  People are so inconsiderate.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!