Sep 18, 2013

Cave Hill Cemetary

Aaron was talking with his mom on the phone about our weekend outings that we arranged, and Cave Hill was mentioned.  Aaron's mom said she had never been and wanted to see the place.  Her birthday was this past Saturday so I told Aaron to make arrangements to take her there for her birthday.  The next day we were able to visit and had quite a nice time looking all the gorgeous head stones, mausoleums, etc.  Some of the grave sites were children, some less than a year old.  It was so sad.  We had a good time looking at all the different types of trees, too.  Aaron's mom seems to be the expert on trees, so we left that part of the "educational tour" to her.  I loved hanging out with Aaron's parents for the day.  I can't wait to go back to see the rest of the place.  The kids had a great time, too!  Even if it meant climbing on head stones.  Yikes!  ::shudder::




I loved this!  Totally something I would have made.


How cool is this?!


Fallen soldiers from the 1800s to the 1900s.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!