Aug 13, 2013

Liam's 4th Birthday Party

Most parents would probably cringe at the idea of planning a party for their little ones.  I mean, they are small and won't remember half of their birthday parties anyway, right?  Screaming kids?  Messes that leave you cleaning for the next 48 hours of your life?  Left-over cake for days?  Who wouldn't want that?  And, there is quite a bit that goes into planning, depending on how far you take it.  Etsy and Pinterest can be the devil.  I don't see how some parents go ALL out on parties.  Ordering balloons, a cake, and a few accessories is bad enough for me, and that is keeping it simple.  I guess I'm not Supermom after all. 

After the party we took Liam outside to play with some of his birthday toys.  He couldn't wait to escape the madness, and he was a little rowdy from being so exhausted.  We needed to give him space to let loose before he drove us all crazy.  It was his birthday, so we couldn't deny him the opportunity to get dirty and wet after everyone left. 

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug











I must have been completely oblivious to what was going on around me.  When I was going through the photos I couldn't help but crack up at this picture.  










And just when I thought the madness had come to an end, I thought wrong.  I love seeing my kiddos happy.  There's nothing better for me in this world.


This kid has quite a swing!  Oh, and we are guessing Liam is a lefty because of the consistent use of his left hand.  We're all righties.  It's weird how genetics work.





























The next day we took Liam to the local pool for his birthday since he loves water.  After we were there for a little while I thought I would be cute and dive off the diving board.  As soon as my head hit the water my ear popped.  I was in excruciating pain.  I sat out for a bit, hoping the pain would subside, which it did.  Then the pain worsened.  I knew something was wrong.  I broke down in tears from the pain when we arrived back home.  That's saying a lot for me because I have a high tolerance for pain.  I've never been a doctor kinda' girl, but I was ready to go.  I found out that my ear drum ruptured upon impact.  Ouch!  So much for a fun-filled day.   Still fun, though.  I'm just thankful it happened closer to the end of our visit.  The kiddos had a blast!  I can't wait to see what this next year brings for our baby boy.  Happy party day, Herc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!