Jun 27, 2013

Summer Lovin'

It's so nice to say that summer if officially here.  When I think of summertime I think of all the fun things the kids can do together but,  more importantly, things they can do outside.  It doesn't always work out that way, though.  I will find Landon on the Wii on a beautiful day, and it doesn't bother him at all.  Does it bother me?  Yes.  When I was younger I remember my mom forcing me out of the house on pretty days.  Back then that is where we belonged.  I don't see much of a change for me.  I feel the same way about my kids.  Only I have to watch Liam because he's still little.  I also remember my mom giving me money and letting me walk to a local public pool by myself at Landon's age.  I would swim there for hours without any adult supervision (other than lifeguards).  My my how times have changed.  It was a better, more trusting world back then, that's for sure.  Now I know why my mom did what she did.  We all can use the breaks as parents, and she obviously needed hers.   Don't get me wrong, though.  I will never let my kids do that in today's times. 

You know it's summer around our house when there's...

Jumping on the pogo stick:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




Early morning hang-outs:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug






Sleeping in:


Playing sports and riding bikes:

 







Playing on playsets:




Our child is incredibly brave.  NO fear whatsoever.




And, lounging in the cool grass:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!