Jun 6, 2013

Cruisin' the Streets

We haven't had a chance to ride our bikes together as a family since Liam was the one always left behind (or Landon was too young to cruise the streets with us before Liam came along).  We knew we couldn't just leave him so we put a toddler seat on the back of my bike.  Liam looks absolutely adorable in his dinosaur bike helmet.  He loves going on bike rides.  I think it's his favorite thing to do now.  One of these days I'll get around to taking a picture of all of us on our bikes.  I just have to figure out how to do it.

Getting the seat for Liam was a challenge.  There are many options available - chariot carriers, various bike seats (including front seats and back seats), etc.  I was overwhelmed by all the different choices parents are given.  We thought about it and came up with this:  chariot style carriers are great, but I didn't like the fact that it was enclosed, stuffy (in the heat), and too far away from me.  The front seats were just awkward.  I think people forget that by nature we lean forward to steer the handle bars.  Liam squirming would probably cause us to wreck being in the front position.  This would get on my nerves (not to mention dangerous) and drive me away from bike-riding.

Well, we decided that the back seat with a 5-point harness (and the safety bar) was the best choice for us.  We haven't included the bar just yet because of getting him in and out all the time, but we're working on it.  So far, so good!  I heart his new seat!

These pictures are of us before we took off.   Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to take the camera with me (for a different perspective).  :)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!