May 30, 2013

Sandbox: They're Only Little Once

We've had a sand box in our back yard for about three years now.  Poor Liam has never set foot in it until today.  Probably because I have been one of those moms that tried to keep her toddler as clean as possible and I knew what sand could do if not played with properly.  Toddlers and sand are a pretty violent mix.  Now that Liam is older, and since he's had the pleasure of playing in the sand during our vacation in South Carolina, I figured he was ready.  Well, it turns out I was wrong.  He had fun, no doubt, but man did he make  a huge mess of things.  You got to love sand in the hair, in the mouth, in the eyes, in the pull-up, and the list goes on.  I knew it wouldn't be "clean", but oh my goodness.  You know that saying, "they're only little once"?  I had to keep telling myself that over and over while I was dusting my child off, making sure he didn't go blind from all the grains of sand getting in his eyes.  I was waiting for high-pitch screams to come next, but the eyeballs survived...we survived.  They're only little once, so let the fun be had.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug











This is how fast it happens -  four frames kinda' fast.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!