May 30, 2013

Can't Beat The Heat

I don't know about the rest of the country, but where we live we skipped Spring altogether.   I probably could have used an adjustment period to prep my body for the sweltering weather, but the kids love the hot, humid temps, as any kid would.  And it beats going back and forth on seasonal clothing every other day (and sometimes two or three times a day).   So, Summer....welcome back, a little early I suppose.   We couldn't be happier to see you.  Why?  Because of you the boys will fly kites, picnic, enjoy their favorite parks, swim, go to pool parties, go for walks, and so much more!  Thank you for keeping my boys happy.

The boys visited a park they haven't been to in awhile.  It's nice because it's gated, which is a brilliantly ideal set-up for Liam.  He is at a stage now where I can sit on a bench and let him play (having the gated park handy helps).  I love that I don't have to be on top of him every second like I used to.  He's growing up, and it's sad, but I absolutely love it. We have also been going on long walks (without a ride-on toy or the stroller).   It kinda' takes the fun out of "walking" together as a family, so we leave those things at home when we can.  Plus, I'm trying to teach Liam boundaries and independence when possible.  I think he's handling it pretty well! 
Sometimes our dog, Peyton, will go with us.   He's just as much of a kid as the other two!

On to the pictures...

Accessories are a must-have for walks.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


 

 

















Landon was playing Tag with a new friend.  The little kids were pretending that Landon and the other boy were chasing them, so they hid under the slides.  Cute.



I think they were tiring out.

 



Liam and another toddler were watching the kids run around through the holes in the flooring.











I hope everyone is able to get out and enjoy themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!