Apr 10, 2013

Minor League Baseball 2013

Landon has been a little wishy-washy when it comes to playing sports.  He started in T-Ball at the age of five and took quite a bit of a break from everything.  I guess he just wanted to be a kid with no responsibility.  Sounded good to me!  Then he wanted to play football.  He realized months into it that he didn't like it as much as he thought he did.  He told me that he doesn't like that much contact with another player, so I knew wrestling or any other contact sports would be out of the question.  Then he asked me about basketball.  We missed the sign-ups, thanks to a busy schedule.  Then baseball came up.  I grilled him about it because I didn't want to end up in the same boat as before.  He seemed very excited about it and signed him up.  So far, so good.  He is now on the track team at school.  So, maybe he just needed a little bit of time to figure out who he is or what he wants to do.  If all goes well, we'll sign him up for baseball this summer.  If not, we'll move on to something else (or nothing at all) like we normally do.  But, between these two sports, I have a feeling we will be plenty busy for awhile, so there's really no need to get ahead of ourselves.  One day at a time.

He looks so cute.  He seems pretty dedicated this time around, too.  I guess if they're too young, they don't show as much initative, it's more about the parents' wants and needs.  Also, I realized very quickly that the minor and major fields have tall fences around their fields (for obvious reasons).  So, if my photos of the kid seem to have ghosting/haze/etc., it's because of the fence.  No big deal, though.  Next time, I'll open the gate for certain shots.  The first game (this post), I was extremely ill and didn't care much about being photographically accurate, truth be told.  I'm sure I'm forgiven.  :)

By the way, it's funny how much of a difference there is from T-Ball to the Minors.  When I was watching Landon this time around, it actually felt like a real baseball game - Star Spangled Banner and all.  Very nice!  I think all I was missing from the game was a beer and a hot dog.  Go, Braves!


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!