Feb 13, 2013

Big Four Bridge: A One Mile Walk

The reconstruction of this bridge has been under way for quite some time, and still have the Indiana side to complete by this Summer.  The Kentucky side opened Thursday, February 7th of this year, and boy did it attract everyone!  We waited until Sunday to go so Aaron could go with us.  We wanted to see what the big fuss was about, how to get to it, what changes have been made to the actual train bridge, etc.  I must say, not bad!  I am a little afraid of heights, so naturally I was a wee bit hesitant about walking a mile across a bridge that was obviously up pretty high.  I'm so glad we went!  I wasn't nervous or scared at all!  The kids had fun, too.  Win, win!

Here's a little history about the bridge to start it off.



Landon and I being goofy, as usual.


I loved this kid's facial expression.




Checking out the river below.



Meeting furry friends along the way.





Gushing over Father/Daughter time.







The walkway up to the bridge.


The view.




The Indiana side, incomplete until June I think.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!