Dec 4, 2012

Lights Under Louisville

I wanted to do something with the kids that involved Christmas lights before Christmas sprung on us.  I remember going to Graceland Church with my mom when I was younger and thinking how exciting it was to drive around to see all the lights while listening to Andy Williams' big holiday hit "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" on the radio.  I had it my head that I needed to do something like that for my little ones, but Graceland shut down its light display many years ago due to a death in the family.  There is a place you can go to (literally under the city) where you can drive through without getting out in the bitter cold and still able to listen to Christmas music all the way through.  Bingo!  Strangely the weather hasn't been bitter cold here and there wasn't a need for the radio.  They provided all the Christmas music to go with each theme throughout the tour, which I loved.  Liam's eyes lit up like silver dollars (he loves lights of any kind) and Landon's nose was plastered to both back windows.  I'd say mom nailed it when it came to finding something for the family to do together, and it brought back a lot of great memories for me.  Made me wish my mom was sitting next to me in the car, honestly. 

Side note:  I noticed when I was taking pictures of the LED lights on the figures that some of the lights wouldn't show up on my camera.  It's a good thing I am a chimper because otherwise I wouldn't have noticed at all.  Does anyone know if there is a connection between the DSLR/LED lights?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug





You can see some of the lights missing on the skaters in the photo below (they weren't missing in person).




Goodnight, everyone!  See you soon!



2 comments:

  1. Now I'm intrigued by the LED light thing. I wonder if it has something to do with how LEDs don't register the same in color meters? I don't know what that means for the meters in camera though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Aaron and I thought. After I came back home and uploaded (basically to see if my computer would show the same missing lights) I did some research and found nothing. If you find any information, please let me know!

      Delete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!