May 7, 2012

Kart Kountry

Aaron and I went to Kart Kountry when we were in our early to mid twenties with a group of friends.  Back then they didn't have half the stuff they do now.  Kart Kountry had the bumper boats, batting cages, go-karts, and maybe a few arcade games in a small building.  Now they have a huge arcade in a big, remodeled room, and since then they have added miniature golf, Castle Clash and JumpShot to their list of activities.  Everything looks a little more organized.  I think back when we went they were on a low budget and just starting out.  It's night and day.

Landon had never been and we knew it was time.  What kid wouldn't want to drive their own go-kart and soak people with water guns on the bumper boats?  We had so much fun, we are already making plans to go back to hit some of the other fun things they have to offer.  Maybe on a day that isn't 90 degrees, eh?

Liam did great!  He rode the go-karts like a big boy and played a little golf.   Of course, half way through the 1.5 mile go-kart course, he was motioning "all done" as he looked up at me with his puppy dog eyes.  I told him, "In a minute, sweetie."  He held on to my arm as tight as he could as I gripped his belly to comfort him.  Then he rested his little head on my hand while enjoying the rest of the ride.  I think he just needed that extra security being in unfamiliar territory.  He stuck it out and didn't hear a peep out of him the whole trip to Kart Kountry.  He's such a good baby.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




Getting ready to ride the go-karts.



I forgot to adjust my settings for Aaron.  Fail.












The caddy.


The statue.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!