Mar 25, 2012

Pre-Show Boy Time Before Girl Time Arrives

In several hours I will be leaving my boys for a full week.  Something I have never done before since Landon has been born.  Sure, I've had little spurts of time to myself, and I even got some alone time in Gatlinburg, TN with Aaron at a cabin for a weekend when Landon was little.  But, this is going to be a full week...not one, but two boys later.  This is also something that Aaron isn't used to.  Don't get me wrong, he'll love every minute of it, but there's a part of me that is nervous to leave my boys behind.  What if something happens?  How am I going to get to my boys?  Will Aaron stick to schedules and routines?  Will Liam freak out and fall into a deep state of depression when he realizes I am gone?  It's definitely got my stomach in knots, but I have to keep telling myself that a.) I need this time to regroup for my sanity b.) It will be great for Aaron to bond with his boys since he works all the time and hardly ever sees them and c.) Aaron and I can use the separation time ourselves.  I think every couple needs that from time to time.  It will be interesting to see how I will react when I return.  Will I flip out and run in the house flapping my arms while screaming uncontrollably like a crazy person?  Will I casually and calmly walk through the door?  We shall see how good of a time I really have.  I've joked about me possibly not wanting to come back.  There's something about a beach, some sun, and maybe a few alcoholic beverages that'll do that to ya. 

Yesterday, I wanted to get some last-minute photos in.  I think it was a calming therapy for me.  This is a pre-show of what the boys will be doing a majority of the time.  Landon likes playing sports, but loves playing sports with his Dad.  There's nothing better in his eyes.  By the way, this kid has an amazing arm for only being eight.  He can throw a spiral like it's nobody's business.  And that form?  *gasp*  Look out Indianapolis Colts, you won't know what hit ya.


Are you ready for some football?


Landon's first best friend.














I will miss all my fellas dearly, but I can't wait to get the heck out of dodge.  I will be back before you know it.  And, please feel free to leave comments.  I will be sure to return the love when I get back from my momcation.  I'm not good about getting on my phone to check e-mail and such.  In fact, I suck at it...big time.

Peace out, girls!  I hope you have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!