Feb 12, 2012

Liam Turns 2.5 Years Today!

With everything that has been going on with Liam over the course of the last 30 months, I feel that it's slowed him down on what could have been a disaster at this age.  He could be telling me "no" all the time, throwing major fits, screaming, running amok, and showing us his 2.5 year old attitude.  I guess we've gotten lucky in a sense.  With him being in a cast, a brace, and having speech issues we haven't had the luxury of experiencing this type of toddler behavior.  Every once in a while Liam will flip over onto his belly to avoid getting his diaper changed or try to walk away when I am trying to change his clothes.  It's a game to him really, not so much a "break down".  This is what I get for having a Playful Pete on my hands.  Liam will also voice that he's all done with a little squeal, but nothing to pull your hair out over.  He's an angel compared to some of the other toddlers I've seen, so I can't complain.  My Mom always used to say, "It can always be worse", which is very true.  And, I think that is how I have been getting through these last 2.5 years of ups and downs (mainly downs).  He makes me smile at least 30 million times a day.  He makes my heart melt twice as much.  I'm really looking forward to these next six months, as we creep into the threes, to see how much more he will knock our socks off.

On a side note:  Photographs are getting a little easier.  Phew!  I didn't think I would ever see the day, but our tot is still young, right?

In the spirit of Heart Day approaching, I thought some hearts might work nicely this time.  Cutie Pie?  You betcha'.  Also, this will be the last photo until he turns three - a little bittersweet.  It's been nice knowin' ya Mr. Monthly Man.  You're growing too fast!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

"How's this pose, Mom?"  Model central right here, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!