Jan 7, 2012

The Hedge

Before our little one was to be put in a cast, I was thinking about all the things he wouldn't be able to do while he was in it. So, we went to the park to get some last-minute photos in of all of us playing and having a good time. Now, it's a bit of the same thing, but this time I'm thinking the opposite - what can Liam do now? We went back to the park (a different one) where Liam was able to swing in a toddler swing again. The brace isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We were told he wouldn't be able to walk or utilize these fun contraptions while he was still in it. Either we're doing something wrong or he's proving himself to be a rare case. He's been up on his feet (standing by himself), taking a step or two on his own, riding ride-on toys, sitting in his feeding seat, and of course, swinging without any problems. He's obviously doing something right because we got an exciting report that he won't be in the brace for a year, but around two months. I am so proud of him. We all are.

I know I sound like a broken record majority of the time, sorry.



When you experience something so traumatic, like the loss of use of your child's legs, pictures like this give me hope.  It will get better.


Then, we moved on to the big boy swing.


Liam kisses himself in the mirror.


I promise I didn't deliberately put pictures #7 and #8 together (as a split photo - Liam's top half and bottom half).  But, looking back I couldn't help but laugh at how they fell when loading them into the post.  Funny.

4 comments:

  1. How awesome! Two months is a much shorter time than a year! Great job Liam!

    I love how your blog looks! The header is so colorful! Did you design it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay...so glad that he is doing so well! :)

    really liking your watermark. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the photos! And I loved Liam's shirt. I bet he actually IS a little flirt, eh? heehee

    I have missed reading your blog! I've not read much of my friend's blogs lately or blogged myself, but I DID just make a post on my blog and tagged YOU in it! So please read the post and find your name! :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!