Dec 3, 2011

project 365: weeks 47 and 48

With everything going on since the start of the holidays, I have been up to my eyeballs in chaos.  First, my sister opted out of having Thanksgiving at her house this year and decided to go out to eat instead.  I called her back to offer having Thanksgiving at my house.  I've gotten used to having a home-style Thanksgiving and I wasn't thrilled with spending the holidays with strangers on top of spending a bundle on dinner - especially with Christmas being right around the corner.  It went very well, I thought.  Then, I got a wild hair and thought I would join in on the busiest shopping day of the year - Midnight-6am shopping.  Man, I was tired that day getting only a few hours of sleep before pulling out the Christmas decorations.  The shopping trip went better than expected.  People were actually nice and helping one another.  I was shocked since I hear nothing but horror stories about Black Friday.  I had a great time!  We added more things to our list of things by painting and organizing Landon's room and our garage.  Monday, Liam had his cast removed unexpectedly.  He was just supposed to have a check-up, but the doctor decided to go ahead and remove it because he was, for the first time, developing a few sores on his rump.  I don't blame her, but I wasn't expecting it.  I didn't bring pants to cover his little legs, but I did just happened to have a thick blanket since it was raining that day (trying to keep the cast dry).  I had to go from her office to another office to get fitted for a brace and then back to her office again.  I was gone most of the day and barely made it home in time to pick Landon up from school.  From there, I have been cleaning and organizing the rest of the house little by little.  Needless to say, I have missed a whole week of Project 365 so this is why I am doubling up this week.  It's been pure madness around here.  I have more to post about our big happenings and some random things.  It feels good to be back...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

324. I gave myself a mani and a pedi.  I figured it was time.
325.  I found a gift my Niece had given me for Christmas two years ago.  Our cleaning adventure was a must.
326.  I started drinking my Diet Green Tea again.  I've missed it!
327.  Tried out the new hair trend.
328.  I needed another picture of myself.  Variety is the name of the game.
329.  Our turkey we made for Thanksgiving.  Yum!
330.  Battling our garage.  What a mess!



331.  Landon practices safety as he helps with the tree.
332.  Landon helps clean his room.
333.  Liam got his cast off and sported a new brace!  Yay!
334.  Liam snuggled up with his brother and wears pants for the first time in three months!
335.  I conquered more painting.
336.  Liam's angel ornament.  We buy ornaments for each of us every year for our tree.  This seemed fitting because I feel an angel is watching over him.
337.  The In-Laws came by to pick Landon up for a church event.



3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Great snapshots! Wonderful memories you've made. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/12/project-365-week-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos from the two weeks. So happy about his cast. How is he doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting that cast off! :D Bet he's much more comfortable. :)

    The shot of Landon in the helmet helping with the tree killed me. :D

    And that's a super cute hat in #328! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!