Dec 14, 2011

Liam turns 28 months

It's hard to believe that we are inching closer to the three year mark.  I really don't know where the time went.  I've been so busy trying to find answers through doctors and therapists as well as making appointments along the way, I blinked and he grew up.  He will always be my baby, though.

Liam's latest is he is humming various songs around the house and playing Pat-A-Cake.  He wasn't clapping his hands on cue before, but has a knack for it now.  When I sing Pat-A-Cake to him, he instantly puts his tiny little hands together, claps and smiles.  He will continue to clap just so I will continue singing.  He loves music.  He hums, "I Love You" (the Barney song) and "Farmer in the Dell" to name a couple.  He's getting up on his knees now and sometimes I'll catch him in a crawling position scooting himself across the floor.  Pretty cute.  We don't put him in his wheelchair as much anymore because we want him to build as much muscle as possible. 

Liam's next Ortho appointment is Dec. 27th - a check-up to see how he's adjusting to the new brace.  He goes in to see a Geneticist on Jan. 5th.  I'm hoping we'll know more soon.  Someone mentioned that Weisskopf takes a long time to hear anything back, so if I don't post quick updates, that is why.  I have a feeling we'll be waiting awhile for those answers (or at least test results) - maybe a couple of months. 

Wish us luck!

In the meantime, here is Liam's 28th month photo:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

2 comments:

  1. Awww. So cute. Happy 28 Months to Liam. Praying you get answers soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!