Dec 6, 2011

Look Who's Wearing Pants!

Monday, November 28th, was a big day for all of us.  Liam had developed some sores on his rear end from his cast rubbing it, but it was awesome to hear that the cast was coming off a little earlier than expected.  This is the first time he has been able to wear pants in three months.  I was probably more excited than he was.  But, with Winter approaching and the cold weather getting colder, I couldn't wait to put some cute outfits and shoes on him again.  Or better yet, get out to go shopping.  It's nice that he actually looks "normal" again.  When I first brought him home, it was a challenge.  His wheelchair just might be a thing of the past.  The good news is he can now fit in his stroller again.  He's a little too small for the wheelchair now because he slides all over the place.  At least the cast gave him enough traction to keep him in place.  We may still use it to let him wheel around, but my main goal is for him to scoot around the house to build up those muscles he's lost over time.

He was in pain and very stiff from being in a particular position for so long once the cast was removed.  He's been working his kinks out slowly, and I'm pretty sure he'll be on his feet sooner than expected.  He's rolling and getting up on his knees.  He's a completely different kid from the day he had his cast removed.  We still have to be careful how we hold him or pick him up.  The last thing I want is to be back in the hospital or doctor's office fixing his hip.  I'm loving this new change and the brace is fairly easy to take off when needed.  I feel like we're back where we should be...and he's as happy as ever. 

Landon was overjoyed to find that Liam had legs again.  We surprised Landon after school on Monday.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




I'm guessing that "superhero" is not Liam's thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!