Dec 29, 2011

Fantastic News

I know a lot of you have been following the progress of Liam.  Some of you may need some info.  So, I'll fill you in and keep it short and sweet.

Liam had to be put in a body cast post surgery on his groin/hip area because of Hip Dysplasia and Hip Dislocation.  Normally the doctors would catch this in the beginning (0-3 months).  But, because he was so flexible as a baby, they missed it.  I had his Pedi call a Pedi Ortho doctor to find out what is going on and why he was limping.  From there, the hip issue was detected, he had surgery, placed in a body cast for three months, and then in a brace to hold everything in place.  The brace was supposed to be on a year.

Well, the good news now is Liam went back to the Pedi Ortho for a check-up appointment to see if there were any adjustments needed for the brace.  They always do an x-ray every time he goes in.  And, as always, he's gotten good reports.  Turns out, his hip is doing better than expected and his brace is due to come off in or around two months!  You don't know how happy I was to get that news on Tuesday.  I started thinking about all the things he would be able to do this summer and so on.  Of course, PT is going to come back into play here shortly to help him gain the strength he needs to walk normal again.  Now, we just wait for our new chapter to begin.  Can't wait! 

In the meantime, here are some photos of Liam these last few days showing us how happy, adorable, and wild he is.  Definitely a wild man.



This is him bouncing on the bed and falling face first for fun.

One...


Two...


Threeeeeee!


And, of course, cracking himself up.







These were taken after we returned home from the doctor's office.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Liam has developed a new love for his room.  It must have something to do with all of his toys being in there.  It must!  I even catch Landon in Liam's room playing with baby toys from time to time.  Liam tugs at his gate to let me know he's ready to go in or if he's ready to come out.  I was comforted knowing that everything was right on schedule, so him move in all different directions didn't bother me as much.  I was finally at ease knowing he wasn't some porcelain doll that could break with the slightest touch.  

I was playing with Scene feature on my beast.  I don't know what possessed me to do it, but definitely something I fail to get around to. 


Love the Elvis hair.


Shhhhh, I think I hear something.



Food?  What!



By the way, I'm not sure why links are showing up throughout my posts, but I apologize.  Don't click on them.  They are iPad advertisements.  Anyone else having this issue, or know how to permanently fix it?  I think I temporarily fixed it, but I have to change some of my words in order for it not to link.  Very strange. 

4 comments:

  1. OH, that is fabulous news! He has been quite the trooper through all this!

    I don't see any links in your posts, but your photos are too large for the main post area, and your sidebar overlaps them. You could fix this by either shrinking the size of your photos, or easier, just narrow your sidebar column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister in law had the same thing as a baby. I remember her in her cast... thumping her legs on the floor. Her nickname was... Thumper. ;) (And yes, I've known my sister in law all her life. :D )

    She's fine now. Gave me two gorgeous nieces, and two handsome nephews. :)

    Yay for being brace-free soon! :D And the Elvis hair is hysterical. I seriously laughed. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these shots and what amazing news!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!