Nov 1, 2011

Halloween Festivities {Part 3}: Trick-Or-Treating

Every year for the last few years or so my friend and I have gone out to my sister's neighborhood for the boys' Halloween.  They really make it exciting, and sometimes scary, for the kids.  There's been talk recently starting a new tradition, but I guess we'll know more next year if that's going to happen.  A little bittersweet, I suppose.  Liam was more into people-watching than anything else.  He had a great time and behaved very well.  Landon was sweet enough to take Liam's bag to collect a few treats for him since he (and I) were unable to hike up big hills and bumpy driveways and such.  He was the cutest.  He would walk (and run) up the door to tell them that one bag for his baby brother.  At first, I could tell that the people were suspicious, but then they saw little Liam waiting patiently at the end of the drive.  At that point, suspicion quickly turned into, "Oh, okay, I see him".  I guess there are a lot of greedy kids out there so I can't totally blame them.  I left his costume at home this trip.  Since he's been in the wheelchair his little arms and hands get filthy.  Having white on two days prior to the big day and getting black from dirt, I didn't think it was a good idea.  It was a dirty mess, and the gauze was a little inconvenient when it came to diaper changes.  I dressed him in an owl hat and a Halloween shirt, keeping it simple.  He didn't seem to mind at all, nor did we.  I can't express enough how much Landon loves trick-or-treating with his friends, and his brother.  We all had a wonderful time!


 Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug






Liam says, "Boo!". 

6A2Bce on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs




1 comment:

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!