Nov 1, 2011

Halloween Festivities {Part 1}: Landon's 8th Birthday Party

Friday during Liam's therapy I cleaned and prepared for Landon's 8th birthday as much as I could.  Saturday rolled around and I found myself running out of time.  How is that possible?  I had to pick up balloons, the cake and we had to arrange for pizza to be picked up.  I also did some last minute cleaning and prep before his guests arrived.  I love hosting parties but man are they hectic.  The kids were due to come in costume this time since his birthday runs so close to Halloween.  I think the only things we've missed are bobbing for apples and a pumpkin carving/decorating contest.  Maybe another time, eh?  My friend's little boys came in street clothes because she forgot about bringing the kids dressed.  But, that didn't stop Landon.  As long as he was dressed in his superhero attire, he was good.  We had a few dressed so it wasn't bad and Landon loved it.  Little Liam participated in wearing a costume.  Not that he really had a say, right?  Speaking of which, I had the hardest time coming up with something for him that didn't involve wearing pants.  It was quite a challenge, and having the sense of humor that I do, I dressed him as a crash dummy (so do speak).  I didn't want him to be left out just because of his body cast.  Poor guy.  The party was a success and seemed to go smoothly.  After our guests left, we headed out to the Zoo for their annual Halloween Party.  Stay tuned.  That's coming next.

Who loves Super Boy?  "I do!", said Liam.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug













"Who's the birthday boy?  ME!"



Landon said, "I want my friends to have a wish, too."  I love my sweet, thoughtful kid.  Most eight-year-olds would be thinking of only themselves, especially at their birthday party. 



My lovely husband, ladies and gentlemen.  And the beauty of having a colored cake?  Everyone leaves with colorful tongues, teeth and lips.  Funny.

2 comments:

  1. It is sooo sweet that he wanted his friends to have a wish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. How fun. Great shots. Love the cake. So neat that he wanted his friends to have a wish too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!