Aug 31, 2011

last day

Aaron and I had many emotions flaring the day before surgery.  We were in panic mode thinking of all the things we wouldn't be able to do after Liam came home from the hospital.  Do we take a fun road trip?  Do we go to the zoo?  Do we go the park?  Do we let him play in the water all day?  Cramming everything in one day is impossible, so we chose the park where he could run around, swing, go down the slide, and sit in the rocks.  When we pulled him out of the car and put him down, I got a little teary-eyed.  I knew this was the end of fun times for Liam, at least for awhile.  And, I also thought to myself, this kid has no idea what's about to hit him.  I was sad, but I tried to make the best of it while he was unrestricted on things he could do.  Aaron looked at me and asked, "Want to let him run in the grass?"  We chased him around, threw him in the air, and walked hand in hand with him for a bit.  I don't know what's worse, knowing or the unknown.  I tried to hold back tears, saving them for what was about to come.  We had a great day filled with tons of fun.  I'll post more a little later on the surgery, his recovery and how we're holding up.

Warning:  Major photo dump.



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug























Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



6 comments:

  1. Waiting patiently to hear how the surgery went! These are great, fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful boy! I know that must have been a terribly emotional day for you, but I'm so glad you got to spend it just having fun. Though the next four months in the cast are going to be rough, and the 'relearning' phase after, Liam has so many more bright days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you guys had a blast...especially your little man. :) will be praying for him...and you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, Love, LOVE the first picture with the rocks. Super adorable.

    Keeping you in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Awesome shots. So glad you all enjoyed some time together before the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great images...surgery? Not so much fun...

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!