Aug 3, 2011

grider wedding {sneak peek}

First things first...Happy Birthday, Mom!  Okay, now on to the post.

What a beautiful wedding these two lovebirds pulled together!  I have already photographed their engagement and their little ready-made family (Dan has two girls).  I was truly honored to be a part of one of the biggest days of their lives.  Erica and Dan have become family to me.  They are one of the sweetest couples I've had the pleasure of working with.  Erica lost her Mom in the Oklahoma City bombing back in '95 and then lost her Dad in a car wreck a few years later (I think that's right).  Needless to say, the wedding was pretty emotional.  I even cried because I knew how proud her parents would have been, how much they would have loved Dan and what joy they could have shared with their daughter that day.  My heart ached for her but at the same time I was so happy for both of them.  Mixed emotions all around, let me tell ya.   Oh, and doesn't Dan remind you a little of Keanu Reeves, Chris Klein, and Freddie Prinze, Jr.? 

Erica and Dan's wedding was supposed to be outdoors, but due to the crazy weather scheduled to hit the area, they quickly changed their minds.  We're talking a monsoon.  We saw it creep towards the building from the distance as everyone rushed inside after taking a few pictures.  The poor couple didn't get any pictures of the two of them alone so that is where this photo shoot comes in.  I didn't want them to look back on their special day and not have nice pictures to be proud of.  I pulled Erica aside and told her I would like to go somewhere the next day before Dan had to return his tux.  They were thrilled!  This is the day after, but better than nothing at all.  They haven't seen them yet, so don't spill the beans...okay?

A side note:  If you read the article about the bombing, you would have read "It was the worst terrorist attack ever undertaken on American soil".  It gave me chills and monster-size goose bumps thinking that the person who wrote the article at the time had no clue that the worst attack would sadly come six years later.  Is your skin crawling yet?  Very creepy.

Erica wanted something different - I did too.  So, I brought along my chalk boards to make cute signs to incorporate into their shoot.  They adored them and thought it was a nice touch.  And, because we were downtown, we found graffiti on the buildings and windows.  Too fun!!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug












And, of course, a little fun at the end.  "We're rock stars, baby!"


Also, while you're here, don't forget to join in on a link up I am having for Liam for his birthday.  You have until August 12th to link up.  Just click on the button to be taken to the post.  Thank you SO much!!

 

3 comments:

  1. The alleyway shot is very nicely done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos! I love the sweet couple in love, but I also like how you did such a fab job with the urban wedding portraits! The fun pics are the best, we have a couple of those of me, especially, and we just love them! They always seem to turn out being favorites. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!