Jul 7, 2011

mismatching picture perfect ham

Landon came to me, being in rare form, and asked me to take some photos of him.  I was excited about his enthusiasm, so of course I jumped to the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Then, I looked him up and down and said, "But Landon, you don't match."  His response was, "That's okay, I think it makes me unique.  Plus, I think I look cool."  With his mismatched clothes and his popped collar, I just couldn't resist.  When your child dresses themselves, it's definitely a picture-taking moment.  I guess it could have been worse, eh?  He could have been wearing my pantyhose, a skirt, an Iron Man t-shirt, and his snow boots.  You know me, I'm all about being crazy.  Maybe that's where he gets his care-free attitude from.  Regardless, still a moment.  So, off we went.  He was a ham, always has been.  Once he got into it, he looked at me and said, "Something's missing."  My first thought was a stuffed animal or some sort of toy he wanted in his picture, but then he mentioned a picture frame.  "I want to take a picture of a picture.", he said.  I went inside to see what I could find.  It wasn't much, but I pulled out an old picture frame I hadn't used in a very long time.  He loved it.  The next thing I hear is, "Look Mom, I'm in 3-D!".  Crazy kid.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug









And, by the way, Landon is getting ready to lose his other front tooth!  My baby isn't a baby anymore.  Where did the time go?  *sniff*

5 comments:

  1. Awwww. I love these!!! So adorable. He looks like a model. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's incredibly unique!! Love his clothes and his shirt makes his eyes pop. He's so handsome and what wonderful memories. The only thing I get with my son is a hand in the camera lens, followed by, "Mom ..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are FABULOUS. you definitely have to take advantage at that age...his eyes look SO green against that green shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think he totally works - I think they call that style ironic. He probably needs a pair of big black rimmed glasses to complete the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shot of the feet and the frame...very classy.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!