Jul 18, 2011

hamster time

This thing is the coolest idea ever.  I was trying to think of something fun, but different, for Landon to do.  Doing the same things over and over can become dull for my growing boy.  School will be starting again soon and I don't want the kid to go back and have nothing exciting to talk about.  So, I remembered this thing a friend had mentioned at a birthday party called "Splash Water Ball".  I wasn't sure if it was a weekend thing, a one month event, or a permanent to-do for kids, but we took a chance to see if we could find it.  We did!  I didn't get the details during our visit, but it looks like it may be moving on to other parts of the country.  At any rate, it was very cool and something I wished I could do as I was watching him run, fall and splash all over the place.  And, it reminded me of a hamster wheel.  Too funny!  Can you imagine having this in your back yard?  I would never get anything accomplished.  Never.

Oh, please excuse the loud background noise of the video.  They have to use an air blower to fill the balls up.  A little annoying when you're trying to tape.  Also, don't forget to turn the music off at the bottom.  First, I'll share some stills.

Landon covered his ears while the guy filled his ball up with air. 

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

One of the guys played with him a little bit, trying to get him to run.


And finally, he did.  Hysterical.


We moved on to the play area before we left.



Needless to say, we had a very eventful day.  Now, on to the video...

4 comments:

  1. My dad took Gabriel to do this. It does look like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one of those last summer and couldn't take my eyes of it. I thought to myself, if I wanted to make my kids tired, I'd pay any amount of money for them to play in those balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that actually looks like a rather fun activity! I want one now! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a giant park behind my house and every once and again a ball such as one of these appears at the top of the hill and somebody rolls down in it a few times...

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!