Jun 28, 2011

dirty

The title of this post couldn't be more accurate.  This post is full of dirt and nastiness.  Someone said bye-bye and Liam quickly trotted to the door, as usual.  I feel this is going to be an every day occurrence...really.  There's no stopping him.  I opened the door and off he went.  Then Landon said, "Wait, let me get some play clothes on and I'll join ya."  Liam and I strolled down the walk, thinking it was going to be simple, and BAM, he spotted water - the pool of water that accumulates at the end of our drive after a big rain.  This kid loves water.  Giving him a bath nowadays is like a Gallagher show, but without the food.  He's standing up in the tub and becoming quite fearless.  My, how a few months can change things.  Liam took off running.  It was on like Donkey Kong.  I had to pull him back a few times, trying to get him to walk in the opposite direction.  Wasn't having it.  It was like a magnetic force was pulling him in.  Finally, I caved and said what the hell.  At this point, Aaron stopped in for a quick lunch.  He walks outside and shakes his head.  My thoughts?  Yes dear, I'm still trying to entertain our kids while teaching them street safety.  It's always about safety.  Doesn't letting your kids play in the street count?  Anyway, he wanders back inside to finish eating as we continued to play.  Liam was a disaster.  Everyone mowed their grass the day before, including us, so the water wasn't as "clean" this time.  There was dirt and grass blades floating around.  Big mess!  When I tried to take Liam back inside, I experienced his first big meltdown.  Yes, he loves water that much.  He quickly recovered when he heard the word "bath" come rolling off my tongue.  He waited patiently for the tub to fill up while I took his disgusting clothes off and tossed them in the laundry.  He was all smiles and couldn't wait to get his little limbs in the water again.  Then, the aforementioned happened.  Let the show begin.  I grabbed a trash bag to cover myself and we were all happy again.

Best. Picture. Ever.  This is what happens when Liam gets too excited.  He loses control.



Hungry, Liam?







Pondering.  Not sure what about.



Yep, definitely gets the "Grossest Kid" award.


3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this is your best post ever...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww so cute!!! I love these. I love your new watermark too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super adorable dirty little kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!