Jun 11, 2011

ant bully and velcro king

Liam is learning very quickly these days that 'bye-bye' means opening a door and stepping out.  He gets excited.  He stands next to the door and waits patiently for it to open when someone says the words.  And, if I'm lucky, he'll even try to open the door for me.  He's definitely my kid...loves the outdoors.  Well, 'bye-bye' time came and a door swung open.



He ran as fast as he could to make the escape.  Once, he made it, he enthusiastically trotted to the porch step and firmly planted his tiny hands on the brick wall to get down.  He looks at me as if he's waiting for my permission so I said, "Go ahead, you can do it."  He slowly, and very cautiously, puts one foot down and the other soon follows.  And then, my friends, it was all fun and games from there.  He studies the ants on the concrete, the shrubs, flowers, trees, and so much more.  He really enjoys watching the cars and bike riders go by.  He takes breaks every now and then to play with his shoes, whether shoe strings or velcro.  But, velcro is an all-time favorite.  It's sticky and it makes a fun little noise when you pull it.  Aside from the shoe obsession, Liam recently discovered the ants on our walkway.  He sits, cocks his head to the side, and tries to bat at them like a kitty cat.  Sometimes I would just love to know what goes on in his head. 


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



On to the plants, trees, shrubbery, etc.




And, without hesitation, he bullies ants.  He went as far as sitting on them.  Poor ants.



2 comments:

  1. I love all these inquisitive faces. Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet photos. I love his shirt. ha ha. Liam is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!